Thursday, May 3, 2012

Annual Writing Workshop June 21

This will be of interest mainly to readers in central Florida:

My 5th annual Workshop on Prose Style will begin on June 21 and continue for the next five Thursday evenings at 7:00 at the Winter Park Public Library.

To register (there is a fee that benefits only the library) call 407-623-3279.

This six-week course will focus on crafting various types of sentences since the sentence is at the heart of prose style. I urge my students to expand their options in creating expressive sentences, especially in descriptive and narrative writing. Past students have been both fiction and non-fiction writers as well as poets and beginners of all ages. I always havae fun preparing for and teaching this course.

Contact me at schiffhorst@yahoo.com with further questions.

No comments: