Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Question for Discussion: Science vs. Religion

Here is an intriguing statement found on the Internet (probably on the consistently revealing blog "Daily Dish" by Andrew Sullivan) and paraphrased:

Throughout history, the religious impulse and the impulse to create have been closely allied, as seen in the great cathedrals of Europe and in many parts of Asia. This correlation cannot be said of science, which does not produce great art leading to a sense of wonder.

Is this true? Can any of my viewers offer evidence to support or contradict this assertion? I would appreciate hearing from anyone who wishes to make a comment.

If it is easier to contact me via e-mail, as I think it is, than to make a comment here on the blog, please do so at schiffhorst@yahoo.com. Type "blog response" in the subject heading. I hope to return to this topic soon.

Thank you!

No comments: